Has anyone just graduated from Medical Transcription school?

If you have just graduated from MT and are looking for a job online/at home, where are you looking ? Are there many jobs for someone right out of school? I see most want one year of experience or more. I don't want to travel away from my home since that would be over an hour driving. Thanks for your reply.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Money & Work

• Hey I have found that to be true most companies want 1 year experience how long ago did you graduate. OH and check out this site see if this can help www.freedomathometeam.com/PJOH
    P.johnson

Answer by P.johnson at 3:18 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Here are a few suggestions:
    Start with the placement office at the school where you received your degree; many hiring managers contact schools first when then wish to hire new grads.
    How are you conducting your job search? Less than half of all open positions are advertised; you need to network with people in the field and industry you wish to work in. Have you had any informational interviews with people in your chosen field to learn how they found their current positions? How are you searching for advertised positions? Do you have a great resume and do you send it out with strong cover letters?
    I do career and job search coaching; please contact me if you have any questions.
    Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 4:32 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Yes, I just finished MT school. I've ran into the same problem of wanting one year of experience on the job. Kind of ironic, isn't it?

I have sent out several resumes and cover letters and not even a reply. You might try medquist.com. Be aware, that as soon as you begin the online testing, it is being timed. I didn't realize that and my computer was acting up and it appeared that my responses took too long. As soon as you apply, the testing is immediately after. They accept entry-level for at home (one of few).

This economy isn't helping much.

I got more online results for companies by putting "outsourcing" in the search engine.
    Anonymous