Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

say you and the father of your child is not married and do NOT live together-if I as the mother dies, can I pick someone other than the birth father to take my child?


Asked by JnCV at 2:12 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

Level 13 (1,061 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • If he's an acknowledged parent to the baby - has his name on your child's birth certificate...then... no.
    Unless, he agrees to allow someone else responsibility of the child upon your death - legalized letter through an attorney, preferably yours.

    Answer by K_Sawyer at 2:17 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

  • Nope, not unless his rights were taken away or he was proven to be unfit

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

  • You can try but if he wanted the child he would get the child unless someone could prove he was unfit. In the meantime the child MIGHT go to a family member temporarily, but they might be sent to foster care too.

    Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:17 PM on Jul. 20, 2009