Nationalized Health Care

What are your thoughts? Do you think it is good?

dillonsma

Asked by dillonsma at 2:17 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think its a great idea! everyone deserves to be taken care of, its their choice to ruin their lives by other means..
    danichaos

Answer by danichaos at 2:18 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Horrible is what I think.Why does it have to be a govy take over? What does govy run effectively? Minnesota has that type of plan and it is a wreck...look at california...alot of their trouble has been too many entitlement programs.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:27 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Its a horrible idea. It will cripple the economy especially now and ruin healthcare.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 2:31 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Disconnected from reality, the IDEA of nationalized health care can appear great ! But this hypothetical IDEA assumes the same personal control over your health care as the current system. It assumes that doctors & professionals will still get paid enough to keep them from going bankrupt and to attract brilliant people to go through the 8 years and $100,000 of expense to become doctors. It assumes that National Health Care means just magical gov't payments and it ignores the reality of hundreds of new gov't workers to process the reams of more paperwork, and National Health Requirements (you have to be young enough to be worth that knee replacement surgery, or that heart surgery - if you're too old, the gov't bureaucrat is instructed to deny your doctor's request for your treatment)

Don't be fooled by IDEAS disconnected from reality. The legislation currenlty in the Congress IS ... A ... NIGHTMARE !
    Call your Congressmen!
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 2:37 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Everyone deserves to be taken care of? What the heck kind of statement is that. People who really feel that way should go live in China. You have to realize that if you want to be "taken care" of you have to give up your freedoms that allow you to take care of yourself.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:48 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• BRAVO Steph EXACTLY! SHEESH WTH IS HAPPING TO OUR COUNTRY :SNIFF:
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:55 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• As far as anyone being turned away from health care DOES NOT HAPPEN! There are laws..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:56 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• HAPPENING* Lord forbid someone come along and throw around the spelling error card.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:57 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I <3 waldorfsmom, stephLs answer.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:00 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I was never taught in first responder classes to say to patient's "Hold on I cannot splint that leg until I know if you have insurance or not." never told I was to turn anyone away.In fact it is my DUTY that if I go on the call I MUST administer care to the best of my abilities...if I do not do that or say leave the scene ...I CAN BE SUED!
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:00 PM on Jul. 20, 2009