I just read a question saying that were having a solar eclips on wen- and pregnant woman should stay inside because it can cause birth defects?

is this bullshit?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:19 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• lol that's the dumbest thing I have ever heard
    Anonymous

• I thought so too- I wasnt sure-OP
    Anonymous

• is this bullshit?

lol what do YOU think??
    Anonymous

• HAHAHAHA... Ifs thats true then maybe if you look at the grass for too long your baby will have grass instead of hair!!!... Thats pure bullshit!!!
    Anonymous

• Where does this stuff come from?
    I even asked the OP-Im like did you here this on the news?
    Never got a reply thou-OP
    Anonymous

• i dont think thats true and even if it was, whats staying inside really gonna do??? I also just read that its gonna be in east asia and travel thru the pacific so maybe people living thru the coast may see it...its only gonna last 6 min and 39 seconds so if ur inland u'll probably never see it anyway
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 2:28 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• It sounds like BS to me. In addition to that, the eclipse isn't even going to be visible from here. According to the NASA web site:

"The path of the Moon's umbral shadow begins in India and crosses through Nepal, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Myanmar and China. After leaving mainland Asia, the path crosses Japan's Ryukyu Islands and curves southeast through the Pacific Ocean where the maximum duration of totality reaches 6 min 39 s. A partial eclipse is seen within the much broader path of the Moon's penumbral shadow, which includes most of eastern Asia, Indonesia, and the Pacific Ocean."
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 2:31 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Well only if you are eating blue M&M's standing on your had and chanting your favorite song backward ...... lol
    Anonymous

• oops-- -head not 'had'
    Anonymous

• I saw that too. I dont' think she was seriously suddgest that those of us are pregnant should stay in, more that she was talking about an article that she had just read about how this is a deeply rooted native american, I think it was, belief.

geminishadow79

Answer by geminishadow79 at 3:12 PM on Jul. 20, 2009