Help I Need To Get Her Potty Trained!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My daughter will be three at the end of the month. She is just to hard headed to do it. She wont take the time. I dont know what to do. I dont wanna spank her for not doin it but I also dont wanna be going to kindergarden wiht her either. Please help me!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Be consistent. I put my daughter in cloth training pants all day. If she wet them, we put another pair on. She only got a diaper at night. After five days of wet undies, she finally got the idea. Pooping in the potty is taking a little bit longer, but we're working on it.

If your daughter is not ready, you can't force her to be ready. My daughter wasn't ready until the week she turned 3 1/2. Spanking is never the answer when it comes to potty training, so please don't spank her. Praise will go a long way. The more excited you get, the more excited your daughter will get. Get the whole family to cheer for her! Kids eat that kind of attention up.
    lovinmystar

Answer by lovinmystar at 2:31 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Don't spank her. Take her to the store and pick out lots of character underwear (Kohl's has a lot). Tell her tomorrow you will wear big girl underwear and go on the potty. Tell her how proud you are of her. The next morning put her on the potty when she gets up. Put on her new undies. The first day put her on the potty every half hour or so. Give her m&ms every time she goes. The next day she should be able to tell you when she has to go, but probably not in time. Stay positive. Stay home for about 3-4 days while you do this. It should only take a few days until she is totally trained. Never go back to diapers (except at night). I did this with my kids and they were trained totally in 3 days. Good luck!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:36 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• My oldest didn't want to take the time eigther. Spaking will only hurt your case. Get a sticker chart, stickers of her chosing, a favortie toy or treat, or set aside "special" one on one time with her favrite person. Make the chart out of her choice of poster board, let her pick the stickers out. If you can have her help you make the chart and let her pick were it goes. Then tell her that the chart is for her stickers and tell her that she will get a sticker if she trys to go pee or poo in the potty. Then after she seems to have figured out when she needs to stop playing up it. Meaning tell her when she goes to the potty successfully then she gets a sticker. And so on till you stop needing the stickers. If you need after x number of stickers give a reward, treat, toy, special time what ever motivates. Remember tons loads of praise and she will get it. This is her job to learn at her pace, good luck.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 2:48 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Oh and use cloth undies, Gerber makes some but I only found them at Target. If you can let her pick them out. Also once she has gotten the idea down and is having limitted accidents let her pick out big girl undies, get plenty. Make a big deal out of each step in the right direction, ie let her pick the dinner that night or watch her favorite movie. What ever you can do to make it a speical big girl accomplishment. Tell her that you are proud of her, have her call grandma and have grandma tell her to. She will get it, just be paicent.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 2:53 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• i just waited until my daughter was really ready to potty train. she was about 3 yearand 1 month. i didnt do the candy thing because with her its never just one. i just did alot of praise. and if she did have an accident we changed her pants and life went on. she went to the bathroom immedently after wakeing and stopped all drinks 2 hours before bed. i only used regular underware and we went to the bathroom every 30 mins then the next day every hour after the first week she went all on her own and didnt wet the bed any longer. but i basically put it all in her hands. pooping took a little longer and i know your not supposed to make a big deal out of messes but finally after she had pooped her pants and smeared all over her legs and arms i freaked put her in the bath and kept telling her that was icky and ickies go in the potty. i felt guitly afterward but the next time she ran to the bathroom saying icky and pooped. sucess!
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 4:14 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• My daughter just turned 3 on Fathers day. We have been working on potty training for about 6 months! She has been doing number 2 on the potty almost that entire time, its number one that has been a problem. We moved in April and all of a sudden she refused to sit on the potty. She screamed and cried if I even asked her to sit on the potty. I made a chore chart for her with 3 chores: I cleaned my room, I brushed my teeth, and I used the potty. I explained to her that when she did these things she would get a fun sticker to put on her chart. She was over the moon! I finally got her to sit on the potty immedialtely afterwards. I gave her a sticker even if she didnt go potty, as long as she sat down when I asked her. We still have some accidents here and there but she is doing great. Like some of the other moms said , its good to just put them in underwear not diapers, they dont like the yucky wetness!
    LydiaArce

Answer by LydiaArce at 11:27 AM on Jul. 21, 2009