Calling all smokers and smokers only...

Does it agrivate you when non smokers attack you for smoking. Or tey and have smoking illegalized.

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 2:21 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Oh and to answer the question yes it pisses me off when people who don't smoke act like they are better than people who do. It isn't easy to quit.
    nickynova

Answer by nickynova at 9:39 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• It doesn't bother me when its on cm, because i don't know the person , therefore i don't give a damn because they don't know me either. But if it was someone i knew doing it, i think it would bother me a little, but still ....not too much because i don't care what other people think of me. You can take me as i am , or leave me the f*ck alone. JMO.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 2:29 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I used to smoke. I HATED it when I'd be out on my brake smoking and people would have to make their stupid comments all the time. If it was cold out they'd say "I hope it's worth it," if it was a nice day they'd just stick to "Shame, shame."

So obnoxious. I quit, but I don't make stupid remarks to people who do still smoke.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 2:35 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I used to smoke and after I quit the smell of it would make me puke. so I never said anything just walked passed and puked right next to them. then say oh sorry bout that. especially when they were in the non smoking areas. one lady did put out her cigarette and ask if that always happen when i am around smoke I told her yes it does. She never knew people actually did get sick she thought they were making up lies or something
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 3:18 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I hate when people tell me (its a known fact when one spouse smokes and the other doesn't your more likely to get divorced) I am quitting though cause I want to I think I have done it long enough and its lost its effect ya know. I will prolly still smoke when I have a few drinks etc. I am down to 2 a day so that's good. I just wish people would keep their mouths shut...with the stupid comments unless I am in your face with it mind your own business! I am always polite to those that do not smoke. I would never light up in someones house or car ever even if they said it was ok. I do not smoke in my own home or around my son ever. It is my choice to smoke not my sons so I would never put him near smoke ever.
    Anonymous

• Im quitting after my 21st birthday, but i'm very polite when it comes to non smokers. I never smoke in areas that dont allow it, if there isnt an ashtray near by, ill step on the cig, make sure its completely out and throw it away in the nearest trashcan. When someone walks by me and i'm smoking, I will make sure that I hold my cigarette away so they dont have to walk through my smoke. I dont smoke in anyones car/house without permission and I certainly dont smoke in my own home or have it near my children. Yeah, I still get comments or "glares" from strangers and I honestly think they should truly mind their own business. Would they like anyone nagging them for their habits? No.. so why nag me? As long as i'm respecting you and your space, respect mine too.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 3:44 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

I am told that is common when you quit. It's your body defense not to want one. I'm truly happy for you.I am wanting to quit and having alot of probs expecially when people get on my case about smoking it makes it harder.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:48 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• "Or tey and have smoking illegalized."

Seriously, have you considered returning to high school and taking a remedial grammar class?
    Anonymous

• Hey anon you think you are any better because you use spell check. This is the internet not class, like you have never had a typo so if u have nothing nice to say keep it to yourself!
    nickynova

Answer by nickynova at 9:33 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Im quitting after my 21st birthday, but i'm very polite when it comes to non smokers."

YOU are POLITE to someone? Yeah, whatever!
    Anonymous