Heartbeat & gender, is it just an old wives tale?

My DD always had a faster heartbeat and I know many other women that said the same thing for their girls and I know women whose boys had slower ones. Do you think there is any truth in it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• both my sons were in the lower 150's I'm not sure if its true, but I have heard some compelling arguments over it.

JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 2:29 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Old Wives tale!
    Anonymous

• I personally think it's an old wives tale my son's heart beat was fast.....
    LJSMOM31

Answer by LJSMOM31 at 2:31 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• My oldest had a fast heart beat and is a girl. My youngest had a slow heart beat and is a girl. My oldest was very active in the womb and still is. My youngest is more laid back and sleep more in the womb. That is why I figure there heart beats were what they were. So old wives tail.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 2:32 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• It is true for a lot of babies but it doesn't apply to every baby so therefore it is not a fact.
    Anonymous

• Not for me, my oldest son had a higher hb.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 2:33 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• last time i went to the doc my babies heart beat was 167 and I was wither late four months or early 5 months pregnant then
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 2:34 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• i was wondering the same thing, but i have heard that u cant really tell and the heartbeat changes up every now and then...i wouldnt start to buy a certain color jus bc u think the heartbeat is tellin u what it is. but who knows?? it can jus get u ready for when u do find out!
    EheartsZ07

Answer by EheartsZ07 at 3:21 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• All my providers have said it is an old wives tale, and it has not been accurate for me. All my babies have had "girl" heartbeats, and only one was a girl.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:30 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I don't think it's accurate to go by rate. What I did find interesting is the tech who listened to my babies' heartbeats said that girls' sound like horses trotting(more cloppy, sharp) and she was right on about what I had. Could have been a coincidence.. but she hears them every day all day..
    Mommy2aQT

Answer by Mommy2aQT at 6:32 PM on Jul. 20, 2009