What does your teen do all day?

My son does pretty much nothing, reads, watches TV. I cant get him motivated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• My d is 17 leaving for college next month,but now she sleeps in till noon,then goes to wrk till 6pm,then hangs out with us or her boyfriend
    lifeisgood176

Answer by lifeisgood176 at 2:38 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Try a sports camp baseball. is out there all over. If your son is over 14yr old he can go find work part-time. Have him get together with his school friends. Take him away some where for the week-end.My daughter did a week of camp . They danced , they did art work. and got intrduced to high school for next year.Then we the family went away to Florida for ten days' And now she's working part-time volunteering in a nursing home. she's only 13 yrs. old not too many places hire with pay at that age. And she gets together with her girlfriends too. And they do their thing.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 2:46 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• don't get me wrong my daughter also reads and watches tv .So far shes read 2 books . shes going for a 3rd one and that will be it for the summer. aaaand for tv theres not too much she likes on but shell watch some things
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 2:51 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Hey nothing wrong with reading I never see mine reading.
    Anonymous

• Mine had a week of HS orientation; is at overnight camp for 4 weeks; has two volunteer projects; babysits; has to read 6 novels before school starts; is (theoretically) keeping up with her French (taking honors 3 this school year)

Have him contact the Red Cross and find a babysitting class. My 13 year is a RC certified babysitter and charges $7 an hour. It turns out that parents prefer a mature young teen who knows CPR and first aid to a flighty college student. Or see if the Youth Volunteer Core is active in your area “Since 1987 YVC has been engaging 11-18 year olds in structured, supervised service learning projects in and out of school.”
    www.ycva.org.

suspend the cable

Answer by rkoloms at 5:41 PM on Jul. 20, 2009