Per Obamas speech today it is now "Insurance reform"

At least he is finally calling it what it really is turning out to be. Of course, how is that going to make healthcare better? He should just come out and say we are going to let you all get insurance but expect the delays and restrictions that everyone is saying there will be. Oh and quality, well that will be iffy to with my plan. In other words. Vote at your own risk
Your thoughts?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 2:35 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• My thoughts are no matter what he tries to call it, it will be a disaster.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 2:44 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Call it what it truely is a huge government power grab.BIG GOVY CONTROL OF WE THE PEOPLE.Some are cheering it on like idiots.However,I believe most Americans do not really want this........
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:47 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Does ANYONE want insurance reform? I thought everyone wanted 'free healthcare for all' or some bull like that.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:49 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Call it Socialism!
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 3:08 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• It isn't insurance reform. He's letting them develop whatever they think is acceptable for our country when really none of them really know how to solve this problem. Its not raising taxes, its having people take some initative to do something productive with their lives, a better paying job to afford insurance, and take care of your bodies. You can't teach people to do that by raising taxes.

Give people "free" health insurance-then they will never take initiative with their health or anything bc it will be paid for!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• Bravo anon...well said..that is exactly right.All this will do is create more and more dependents.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:46 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• You should use your name anon :wink:
    tnmomofive

• It WILL reform health insurance ! It makes it illegal for private companies to enroll any new customers !!
    The day this bill takes effect, no one can change their private insurance. No private insurance company is allowed to enroll new customers after that day.
    A provision in the bill outlaws private coverage: Under the deceiving title of “Protecting the Choice to Keep Current Coverage", the section titled “Limitation on New Enrollment” states: “… the individual health insurance issuer does not enroll any individual if the coverage goes into effect after the legislation becomes law.”
    link to article: http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysis/Article.aspx?id=482329
    Link to another article: http://townhall.com/columnists/SteveChapman/2009/07/16/the_public_option_health_care_scam?p
    CALL YOUR REPRESENTATIVES TO VOTE NO
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 3:48 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Obama will call it a sugar coated cookie just to get you to eat it....
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 4:52 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I love it tyme4me! lol
    Seriously though, it scares the crap out of me! I really hope it doesn't pass whether he calls it health care reform, insurance reform, or sugar coated cookie. I'm quite happy w/ my insurance and health care just the way they are. My dh works his A$$ off for our ins. to be paid for by his employer and we have very good ins and the drs that we choose.
    rachel92782

Answer by rachel92782 at 5:20 PM on Jul. 20, 2009