help with c-section

ok so iam supposed to have another c-section and i was wondering if when you deliver if they let you hold your baby before they take them away? with my last it was so horrible i had to have an emergency one and they had to put me to sleep because i had 104 temp and was in a hurry well when i woke up i was in a bed alone and when i went back to my room my hubby was gone and EVERYONE held my baby before i even saw him and they said i could not see him for 2 hours because they were doing test i was soo upset and was wondering if u get to hold them before they take him away? i dont want no one to hold him till i get to!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:37 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I didn't get to hold mine because my arms were strapped down, but they did bring them over and let me see them and touch and kiss them. Unless you have an issue you'll be able to see your baby much sooner this time around.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 2:39 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I was not able to hold mine for days. I was having my tubes tied, so I was still in surgery when they whisked her away to the NICU. She was 6 weeks early due to Pre-E. Since she was in NICU and I was on Magnesium I didn't see more than a glimpse of Karli for at least 2 days. It was a week before we could even hold her.
    I hope that you get to hold your LO!
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 2:53 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• they laid all of mine in my chest. i had one free arm and was able to hold them that way. the nurse also made sure the baby did not fall. my first two were emergency c-sections and the last of course was manditory. But yep, i was able to hold all three. when you go in, make sure you TELL THEM that you want to hold the baby, or have the baby laid on your chest! if your obgyn refuse..i would serious rethink about going to that doc and hospital again.
    ArmyWifeMomof3

Answer by ArmyWifeMomof3 at 3:18 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Uhh, yeah before you go in labor or have a scheduled C-section or whatever, tell all the nurses and people in the delivery room to let no one hold ur baby and make sure ur husband knows not to leave u again. Tell them what happened the last time.
    Anonymous