My dog ate my wedding ring. :/

It's been 2 or 3 days since it happened. We didn't think he did at first, but after cleaning the entire house and noticing his stomach acting up, we're pretty sure that he did. He's a fairly large husky puppy and has always loved eating but this morning he just drank a bunch of water and didn't eat his food. He did have a couple treats though.

We barely have enough money to pay the bills, so it's scaring me that everything I've looked up says he needs an x-ray and other expensive things. Is there anything that I can try at home before taking him to the vet with a credit card haha.

ours

Asked by ours at 2:37 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Pets

• make him drink hydrogen peroxide, it will make him puke, so put him somewhere that will be easy to clean.
    that's the only thing I can think of...but don't wait too long to take him to the vet. it could be obstructing his bowels and backing things up, and that's NOT good.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 2:41 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• call the vet and ask. the call is free. Other than that, just try feeding him some tastier food so he can push it out....then again if they are obstructing this bowels you do have a problem. Call the vet anyway and ask if you can make payments.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:42 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• It's been a couple days though, do you think he could still puke it up?
    ours

Answer by ours at 2:42 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I dont know much about pets but I do know stuff like that do come out when they poop :)
    So if you know there's something safe you can give him to make him poop easier you'll probably see it in a day or so if he swallowed it in the first place. Good luck!
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 2:43 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Shypaine, it's got two bands with small diamonds (nothing sticking out) and a pearl with small diamonds around it. What could I feed a dog to help him poop? Everything so far has been pretty loose from yesterday and today but he's still going.
    ours

Answer by ours at 2:46 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• You can give the dog dulcolax (stool softener) make sure you call the vet for dosing amounts
    Anonymous

• Is diluted cranberry juice okay to give him?
    ours

Answer by ours at 3:04 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• our dog did this as well, hes a boxer and he ate my engagment ring. He pooped it out after 3 days. good luck and i hope your dogs okay and you get your ring back!
    Anonymous

• If he's pooping, then he isn't obstructed. He has probably already pooped it, or else it is sitting in his stomach, unable to move farther down. There really isn't much else you can do without knowing where the ring is. Try a metal detector? lol
    fizzy

Answer by fizzy at 4:22 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I had a dog eat a diamond earring. I just limited him to where he could poop, waited for it to pass and took it covered in poo to a jewlery store and had them clean it.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 5:50 PM on Jul. 20, 2009