How can i lose a significant amount of weight, like say 30 lbs, quickly without surgery or some crazy diet?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Health

• You could probably safely lose that on weight watchers in about 3 months if you stuck to it.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:46 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I use Alli which is very helpful to add to regular diet and exercise. Lots of cardio
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 2:46 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Eat healthier and less, exercise
    Anonymous

• i need to lose 15 myself
    i am doing alot of cardio and watching what i eat
    rose549

Answer by rose549 at 2:49 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I cut my calories to 1500 per day and exercised for 60 minutes 5 days per week and lost 25 pounds in 3.5 months.
    kelbel619

Answer by kelbel619 at 3:21 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• . In order to get to and maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    Start with regular exercise, as simple as walking, for at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Now, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 6-7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big salad before meals

Answer by rkoloms at 4:40 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I'm not one for fad dieting, but I do have a cleanse that I've done a few times to get a jumpstart and lose about 15 lbs FAST! .. (That's about how much comes off me , it may be different for you)

Half of what you lose is fat, the other water weight. It's not too hard to do though I do find that I get really tired of CHICKEN! Let's see if I can remember it. It's been a long time!

Day 1: All fruit and 2 BS chk breasts
    Day 2: All veggies and 2 BS chkbreasts
    Day3: Fruits and veggies, 2 chk breasts, and 1 baked potato
    Day 4:All fruit / 2 chicken breasts
    Day 5: All Veggies/ 2 chicken breasts
    Day 6: Bananas all day and 2 chicken breasts
    Day 7: Brown Rice, Unsweetened fruit juice and 2 chicken breasts

Green leafy stuff is best for veggies, broccoli is great
    Melons and pineapple are good for fruits- good this time of year too!

Anything works though!

*Just use this as a jumpsta
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 5:00 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• *jumpstart......(word didnt' complete up there!)

I have done this cleanse, but in reality, it is just a jumpstart and I believe in losing it slowly. I'm a huge fan of portioning and MORE EXERCISE. Try to make healthy changes where you can or want to, but just keep working at it. That's the key! Don't give up!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 5:03 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Oh Crap! I forgot, a huge part of that cleanse up there is the amt of water you drink. Originally it calls for you to drink 2 GALLONS of water a day! I found that impossible, but I was able to get down 1 gallon. Just drink a ton! And yes, you will be peeing all the time!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 5:05 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Cardio 30 minutes 4 times a week. Eat a lot of protein and complex carbs. Cut out sugary drinks and just drink water. And do not skip breakfast.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 5:14 PM on Jul. 20, 2009