My 8 day old is constipated what can i do to help him

2009mommytobe

Asked by 2009mommytobe at 2:49 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It depends... Are you nursing or feeding formula? Breastmilk is a natural laxative and exclusively breastfed babies do not get constipated unless there is another issue. Formula, on the other hand, can be very constipating.
    aehanrahan

Answer by aehanrahan at 2:53 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• My now 2 year old had a huge problem with this. It got really bad. The doctor recommended a half capful of Miralax twice a day. Then we had to do the Baby Lax too once a day. The Baby Lax is pretty good....it works within like 10 minutes. Poor kid though. lol. He didn't like it much.
    Hannah22

Answer by Hannah22 at 2:53 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• talk to your pedi that young I think you might be able to do a dipository or you might have to thermomter up the butt too little to have juice or medicine in the mouth.
    Willywonka06

Answer by Willywonka06 at 3:01 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• At 8 days old, I would call the doctor. There are many things that work when they are a little older, but I would go ahead a get the doctor's opinion at this point. He may have you do something, he may have you do nothing.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 3:26 PM on Jul. 20, 2009