Does it bother you when you are in public and you see mothers wearing next to nothing? especailly at places where lots of children are?

it bothers me a little bit ( i would never say anything to anyone) , mainly because I dont want my child seeing someones butt hanging out of their pants or their nipple falling out of their shirt.. it bothers me when anyone does it but i think as mothers we should show more diginity and dececny when we dress so our children can learn mosdety.. Im not saying dress like a nun.. just cover up the unmentionables please! anyone agree?

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 2:51 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• You sound like you're too wrapped up in others' lives
    Anonymous

• It has to REALLY stand out before it catches my attention. I did take my kids to six flags last week and there was a mother there, maybe mid 30's, with two young children and a husband, wearing a bathing suit top. It was a tankini top, so it wasnt showing her stomach but the top part was very low cut and she had NOTHING to put in it. NO boobs at all and a big stomach. It was very unflattering and everytime we passed her in line, I wanted to say....lady, if you knew how bad that looked on you, you wouldnt wear it....LOL..I think she was just clueless. It wasnt immodest per se, but very yucky looking and too low cut. I really do monitor what my 7 1/2 yr old son watches and sees in public because he is a boy and his brain is wired to look. He notices women and their outfits and I feel that as his mother, its my job to monitor his heart and that starts with what he sees. It angers me when moms dont take that into consideration.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 2:57 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• dun dun dun.. my stalker is back!...
    JrsMommy07

Answer by JrsMommy07 at 2:57 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• It doesn't bother me, to each their own. Although I must confess that my husband and I get a quick out of some "atrocities" we see occasionally, we even have funny names for them, let me share some.

1.- The inverted camel toe
    2.- The muffing bottom
    3.- The Oh I still got it alert

We just have fun with it and think somebody please give them a mirror !

Like the other day, we saw in a public recreation park a mom with her bottoms hanging out from her Daisy duke shorts and sweat coming out of her privates dripping from her legs. It was absolutely disgusting and inappropriate for anybody to see. We were in the triple digits here in TX and let me tell you, even with a 103 degrees out there, we stayed longer in the rollercoster line to avoid sitting where she sat. Like I said to each their owm but sometimes it can get simply gross.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 3:05 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I've gone to the zoo a few times this year and what i see 'women' wearing there is disgusting.. keep your breasts and your butt covered up.. nobody wants to see your fat behind with cellulite .. and no one wants to see your breast on the verge of popping out.. keep it for your bedroom or the stripper joint
    starmoonlight

Answer by starmoonlight at 3:07 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• It doesn't bother as much as it amuses me! Sometimes I'll see a woman wearing a tummy baring shirt or tiny shorts and I think to myself "Really?" My SO and I usually get a big laugh out of it though! If I decide to wear a style I haven't worn before or if I think a shirt is getting too snug, I'll ask him "Do I look ok or would I laugh at me if I saw myself in public?" And he's always honest with me!
    Anonymous

• Hahahaha the responses are great! Some women just don't have manners, or morals, and could care less about who they offend or how they influence children around them, to me it's trashy, unless your in your own home.
    Anonymous

• the only thing that bothers me about it is that women who dress too revealing are just giving into the stereotypes that some women fight against. If they are comfortable wearing it, then great for them, but it seems many women are "trying" too hard.

As for me, i love to wear shirts that show a little (appropriate) cleavage, but if it's a school event, i put a top underneath. I feel you should dress for the occasion. I wouldn't wear a little black dress to a school science fair, nor would i wear a turtle neck and jacket out dancing with my hubby:)
    citymama707

Answer by citymama707 at 3:43 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• it would aLSO bother me to but however i wouldnt say anything im pretty sure they knew the reactions they where gonna get before they stepped out the house that way
    mymommasgirl

Answer by mymommasgirl at 4:30 PM on Jul. 20, 2009