9 and almost 13 yr old girl and boy will not stop battling

help!?
they are at each other all the time especially the last week or two
driving dad and me crazy
he is at least at work
I am stay at home and can not wait for them to go back to school
today, I finally had it after days of threatening punishment
boy outside doing chores
girl inside doing chores

I can not leave the room to go to the bathroom without them
getting into it
today, went to bathroom and they are hitting each other with our toddlers toys in front of her, I have explained that this teaches a toddler to hit

help me I am going crazy with them not listening, and doing opposite when I leave them for a second

boredmom44

Asked by boredmom44 at 3:06 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• I think the idea of having them both do chores in separate locations is a good one. Our 8 and 9 year old can go through phases where they are constantly at each other. At our house, step one is just telling them to find their own things to do. Step two if they still choose to be around each other and argue is they are not allowed to speak to each other for the rest of the morning/afternoon/day whatever. Step three is chores in separate locations and not allowed to speak to each other for 24 hours.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:22 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• i tell mine there gonna have to hold hand everywhere they go... or just but them in there rooms away from each other boy 12, girl 11, boy 6.. aruging stops usally when i say Ive had enuff do you want to hold hands lol
    twistedcandy

Answer by twistedcandy at 12:43 AM on Jul. 21, 2009