Formula for gassy babies

My daughter is 5 weeks old and on the Similac sensitive formula for fussiness and gas. She was put on this becuase of her gas and the fact that she was not having bowl movements regularly. She does not have bowl movements for 3 to days at a time at which point I have to use a glycerin sipository. She continues to get the gas and is extrememly uncomfortable when she does. The rest of the time she is a happy baby. I had heard that Nestle Good Start formula sometimes helps with that, without having to go to Soy, which I am trying hard not to do.

Pookington

Asked by Pookington at 3:13 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds like my son except the happy baby part !! I never had much luck on formula at all - i did like similac advance but didn't try that with him til he was almost done with formula. It seemed like it all made him gassy and not poop. he still, at 20 months old has stooling issues. wahh...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:22 PM on Jul. 20, 2009