• In the Spotlight:

How do I get my 2 year old to stop calling people "poop head"?

RoostersMom4

Asked by RoostersMom4 at 3:15 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• who taught him that? i'd start with taking away the influence..
    Anonymous

• Her big brothers (ages 7 and 4) taught her to say it. I tell her "that's not nice" and "we don't say that" -- but don't know what else to do.
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 3:20 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• good answer 3:16
    has your 2 year old been around my 9 and 13 yr old step children (lol)

try saying approiate funny names and make sure people laugh at your name
    making something more funny than poopy head MAY work
    no one can laugh at poopy head or all efforts have gone down the drain
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 3:20 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I told my dd that I would put her in time out if she said it again. She said it again and she went into time out, never said it again. I have to do that fairly often, her aunt is only 12 and she picks up a lot of stuff from her that I have to nip in the butt.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 3:22 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Let big brothers know that they are her role model and that she wants to be like them but that its not appropriate and give them rewards for talking nicely or teaching her good things, reprimand them for teaching her the bad stuff. Good Luck
    MommaB0334

Answer by MommaB0334 at 3:30 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Good luck!! Mine came up with new "naughty" names weekly when they were little!! My 12 year old has been calling everyone "butt cheek" all summer, so I'm inclined to tell you there is no end in sight! And yes, he gets told about it, but I prefer to pick my battles. If that's the worst I hear coming from his mouth, I'm happy!!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 4:52 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• My daughter says things like that too, we just ignore her and she gets bored that she doesn't get the attention.
    Gkmandy

Answer by Gkmandy at 2:27 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• I also tell her we don't say that to people we do not know. We can only do that at home. We will fart and laugh about it and shout it out loud at home but when we are in public we know it happens there is no need to shout it to the world.
    Gkmandy

Answer by Gkmandy at 2:28 PM on Jul. 21, 2009