cash 4 gold?!?!

any one do this? how much did you get per gram?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:26 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Nope its a rip off!
    Anonymous

• I sent A LOT of gold in, and I got $20.00 even- And it took WEEKS. I watched a story on this on FOX 6 news, a woman sent gold in that appraised over 10,000 worth, thinking she might get more money- the "insure" the envelope so if you choose not to except there offer you can get your gold back- they sent her a check for only 1,700 and the gold she sent in appraised at over 10,000 from a jewelry store!! when she choose not to cash the check she sent the check back and waited for he gold to return, they jiped her, she never got the gold back, and never got the check back- she is now in a legal battle with cash for gold-

This was a FOX 6 investagation report news story- I wouldnt do it.

JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 3:29 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• A news station here did a report on this and it's a rip off, i don't recommend doing it.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 3:33 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Don't send it anywhere...go to a local jeweler that sells gold, I just did this and got $770 for all of my old crap...broken necklaces, etc... The price of gold is very high right now, I think $1000 per gram...

I went somewhere local, they looked at the stuff while I sat right there and made me the offer. I took it. I felt like I just won the lottery. If I didn't feel it was fair I could have taken my stuff back and left no problem, that is why I totally recommend NOT mailing it to who knows where.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:37 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Or maybe that is $1000 per ounce? I can't remember!
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:38 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• A friend of mine took her stuff to a mall and was handed enough to buy a computer. So I agree with the others that local seems to be the way to go.

Answer by Bmat at 3:42 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I would skip the cash for gold bit. SCAM 100%. Unless you feeling throughing your money away, go to your local jeweler that sells gold. You will get market value for your unwanted gold.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 3:42 PM on Jul. 20, 2009