Have you ever lied about your children's accomplishments?

Do you think that a lot of moms do? I find it hard to believe that most kids are swimming by age two, reading at age three, know all of their presidents by age 5, know their entire alphabet by their first birthday....
I haven't lied but I have a friend who does constantly!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• no but I will if they ever get off their behinds and accomplish something!

Answer by admckenzie at 3:34 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• No I don't but I know some people who do. If I say my kids can do it they can.
    Anonymous

• No, I dont. I am very honest when I speak of my oldest's accomplishments, and also very honest when I say how behind my youngest is. You have to know I am not lying when I tell you my 3 1/2 yr old isnt potty trained and still sucks a passy, but my oldest was potty trained at 22 mos and was reading and writing cursive in kindergarten. Thats just the difference between older and younger kids.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 3:38 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• My -1 day old said she loved me! I sware, I heard it right through my tummy! Beat that other mommys!! :)

haha. Nahh, I don't see any point in competing with other parents. Somestimes I'll feel bad if I here some of that stuff becuase i wonder if i'm not doing enough with my duaghter. But then I remember all kids are different and it doesn't matter. I don't want to make anyone else feel bad, either. So I'm not going to embelish. And if they look like they are starting to question what I say, I'll also mention something that she did late or that I know their kid did before mine and say, but overall, they are all about the same.
    Anonymous

• Well my daughter was actually swimming alone with not flotation devices at the age of 3. When she was little we had a little pool for her and she loves the water. So every chance we got she was in the pool and I didn't allow her to have floaties I would be there holding her and allowing her to swim but hold on to me. To momofsaee, my daughter was still sucking on her passy at that age and was potty trained around that time as well. She does things on her own and when she does she exceeds.
    Gkmandy

Answer by Gkmandy at 1:57 PM on Jul. 21, 2009