My baby!!!!!!

My son started summer camp today. He's gone from 8am until 4pm and I miss him :( I know it's silly, but we've been practically joined at the hip since he was born. He's gonna be 5 in september and starting preschool then as well. I know it will get easier, but it just reminds me that he's growing up! He even "forgot" to kiss me good bye when I dropped him off!

TheDiva320

Asked by TheDiva320 at 3:42 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• aww :( Homeschool?
    fizzy

Answer by fizzy at 3:56 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• It happens to the best of us! It's sad seeing them grow up! (dont homeschool him!) I think that would be selfish b/c he wont learn the social skills--to the other poster. You will be fine momma!!
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 4:36 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Awww. Mine starts preschool in the fall too - just 2 half days a week but I'm so torn over it. Happy that she will get time with age mates and make friends, happy that she will have more practice listening to a teacher, sad that our days of doing what we want, when we want are coming to an end, and sad that my baby is starting to move out into a larger world.

My only advice? Don't let him "forget" again. Not now, not when he's 10, not when he's 20. Mommy gets a good-bye kiss. Everytime.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:57 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Thanks! You guys are awesome! Not gonna homeschool. He yearns for the social time with kids his own age, and honestly, i benefit from the break. He's home now. I picked him up and he ran to me and gave me a huge hug and kiss! Made my day!

Thank you kaycee14, he won't ever forget again! LOL
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 5:55 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Aww, I know they grow up so fast! My baby is going to start preschool 3 days a week soon:(
    ycatstouch

Answer by ycatstouch at 12:40 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• When in September will he be 5? My daughter is starting Preschool in August and I am so nervous already. What am I going to do with 3 hours BY MYSELF!!! I have been a stay at home mom since I had my baby girl. She is everything to me but I am also ready for her to be around children and learn more than I can teach her.
    Gkmandy

Answer by Gkmandy at 1:25 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• My daughter starts Preschool because they have a Voluntary Pre-K program there.
    Gkmandy

Answer by Gkmandy at 1:26 PM on Jul. 21, 2009