I need toy ideas for my four month old!

I'm afraid she might be getting bored with what she has. We have an activity mat for her and most of her other toys are small ones that hook on to the car seat. I am her toy for most of the day, but I'm trying to allow her to play on her own for awhile everyday. Any suggestion? Also, we don't have very much money to spend. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Give her a spoon. Like a plastic baby spoon. That entertained Emi for a bit. Honestly, I don't buy her toys. At 6 months she got a plastic bowl and measuring spoons. Her grand parents but her toys, but I'd rather they didn't. She's more entertained by stuff around the house.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 3:48 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• If you can afford one of these, it can keep your baby entertained for awhile. It has a spot on it to hook toys and I just keep swapping out toys so there is always something new to look at. It runs about 45 dollars and on a limited income, it can be hard to get (trust me, we live pay check to paycheck here). If you can find one of craigslist or a grarage sale, it will save you some money. I have this exact one (close to it) and my daughter LOVES IT! It can also be used for many months as well.

http://www.target.com/Bright-Starts-Bounce-Baby-Activity/dp/B001H07HR6/qid=1248119190/ref=br_1_12/185-7023869-0552446?ie=UTF8&node=15305371&frombrowse=1&rh=&page=1
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 3:50 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Honestly the most fun I have seen my LO have is with non-toys. For example he loves crinkly paper. So after opening the mail I give him the empty envelopes with plastic windows in them. That can entertain him for twenty minutes. He also enjoys empty boxes (putting things inside and taking them out). Also if you have old pots and pans, kids love to bang those together.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 3:52 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• stuffed animal puppets are always fun! & good idea abt the spoon, my son is 16 months old & still thinks spoons are the coolest thing eva! but now hes moved onto regular spoons, they make more noise lol
    .Kelly.

Answer by .Kelly. at 4:09 PM on Jul. 20, 2009