Do you come from a family dominated by one gender?

I Have a HUGEEE family.... around 25 cousins... haha they're ALL girls except for one! Yes and that one lone boy cousin of mine is Gay... Soooooo Now that My family knows Im having a boy they're all going nuts. Everyone is so excited. I dont think anyone knows how to react to a boy lol. I can tell you all my Grandpa is way happy lol. Do you come from a "one gendered family" lol?

firethearson

Asked by firethearson at 3:49 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• same with me, all girls except a few. Im having the 1st boy of the new family generation
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 3:51 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• We used to have nothing but girls too! Then all of a sudden, all the babies being born were boys so we are starting to even out.
    Anonymous

• Nope all my aunts and uncles have one boy and one girl. I have a son and my brother is having a girl.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 3:54 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Not me but my husband. There has been only one girl born each generation for the last nine generations.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:56 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• yeah pretty much we are all girls i do have one brother and we often wonder about him because he has some gay tendesies lol and we are trying to keep an eye on that but i am having the second boy in my family!!!! yay
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 3:57 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Im one of 4 girls. My grandmother had 2 girls.
    My father had 3 girls in his first marriage(before my mom). So you could technically say Im one of 7 girls.
    My aunt had 2 of each.

My sister has 4 girls. My older sister has one son. I have 3 sons. So when I got pregnant with my first son my grandmother was so used to girls she didnt believe me when I said it was a boy LOL. She called me a liar and a jokester for a good 10 mins or so before she calmed down.

Boys are a rare treat in my family.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:04 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• yes I come from a family that had fourteen cousins and eight were girls. my kids belong to the next generation that had six girls before the first boy. My mom was so excited six weeks after her first grandson was born, her first great-grandchild was born. He was one of the two males they have in that generation with four girlies so far
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 4:06 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Our family is the same way. Out of 17 children (siblings & cousins) only two are boys.
    Grandparents (on daddy's side)had 15 granddaughters, 2 grandsons
    Grandparents (on mother's side) had 8 granddaughters, 2 grandsons

It even out in my own generation though. Of my own siblings we have 8 boys and 6 girls. And numerous of my cousins either had boy/girl or 2 boys and a girl.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 4:13 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• My husband's family is all boys, he has more than 40 cousins, and all but one are boys. He has 2 brothers no sisters. We also have 3 boys.....I'm hoping for a granddaughter in there somewhere!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 4:13 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Yep I have 5 sisters and only one boy cousin the rest are girls. Now that me and my sisters are having kids there are some boys, but still running heavy on the girl side.
    Fordmomma

Answer by Fordmomma at 4:26 PM on Jul. 20, 2009