Anyone go from having a great body to a big fat mess after babies?

I get that women who are overweight and have babies become more overweight, but I always had a great body...I'm 5'8" and was a size 4 or 6... I could pull off a bikini no problem. Then I got pregnant and I gained 40 pounds. Only lost 20 of it after she was born...then I got pregnant again, that only made matters worse. I can't STAND my body. I mean I HATE it now. I'm only a size 8 or 10, but I'm a sloppy mess, giant stomach, I'm telling you if I let it hang out I look 6 months pregant still. My boobs are still gigantic too, I went from a large B to a D cup! I have been on a diet probably 23 of the last 24 months. I joined gym 6 months ago, I do pilates once a week, I walk alot. I can't lose a pound. In fact, after enjoying some recent bbqs I've GAINED a couple of pounds. I can't stand it anymore. Anyone else just totally struggling?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• You rang?
    I was never overweight a day in my life until after the kids. I had 2 16 months apart. I had most of that baby weight off before the third. But I put on some weight the year before the 3rd (I stopped running due to an injury), I was 34 when he was born and wasn't getting as much exercise post baby (a lot harder to get out with 3 kids than 1 or 2).

I did recently lose 12 lbs and am still loosing. I pretty much quit white sugar, white flour, bad carbs. I'm doing cardio 3x a week and strength 2x a week. I'm trying to only eat as much food as I need (I was eating more because it was good, damn me for being a good cook!)

I can see an improvement with the 12 lbs lost. I feel better, and I'm still losing.
    Anonymous

• I hear ya. I was 5'5", 130 lbs, size six or eight before my first baby. Now I'm 165, and I'm having a lot of trouble losing the weight. And I think the worst part for me is my breasts, which I used to think was my best feature, now I can't stand them. And there's no exercise that's going to fix that. But what I found for myself, after my first child, was that it seemed like I wasn't ever going to lose the weight, but after about a year, it actually got easier and I got almost down to my original weight before getting pregnant with the second and starting all over again. By the way, I gained a full 65 pounds with the first!
    fizzy

Answer by fizzy at 4:15 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I ended up going from around 130 pounds to 170 and I was stuck there after having my second child! I tried everything but I just couldn't find anything that was working for me!

I was watching oprah one day and ended up seeing acai berry on there. So I did a lot of research on the internet and decided to give it a shot. You won't know what works for you until you try! I tried a few different supplements until I finally found one that works.

I lost a lot of weight from taking acai and colon flush supplements. Also, with trying to fit in regular exercise a few times a week.

My eating habits changed a lot when I began taking acai. It just gave me nice boosts of energy and made me feel satisfied after eating a small meal. I also began to eat healthier which helped a tremendous amount.

You can read my blog here at www.jilliansdietblog.com

Message me if you have any questions. I'll try my best to help!
    jj49

Answer by jj49 at 5:02 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• man, its the story of my life. But if you really want to lose weight you have to make it part of your daily life. Eating healthier, daily exercise, and plenty of water. You have to be strict on yourself till you reach your goal, then you can become more lax when you start to hit some goals.
    jazzyjae

Answer by jazzyjae at 7:56 PM on Jul. 22, 2009