• In the Spotlight:

how do you know what religion is right for you?

recently i went through something that opened my eyes to God and religion, Ive always believed in God but havent been religious though. some people of religion came into my life and helped resolve the issue through prayer. I would like to be more religious and learn more through reading the Bilbe and such. But my question is how do you know which religion is right for me... is it the one that helped me through the issue, or is it the one that my family thinks i need to be, which they have never taled about or talked to me about ever

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:08 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I guess it comes down to which religion speaks to your heart! Which one makes you feel "at home" and which one has the answers for YOU! If you aren't comfortable it's just not right. If you feel like this is the piece that's been missing, then, you should be good to go!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:19 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• beliefnet.com has a great quiz that may help you find a belief system you align with
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 4:19 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Follow your heart.
    Write down what you know, for certain, you believe and go from there.

Read the Bible and whatever other religious stuff you feel drawn to and just listen. Its more about a relationship with the divine then a church.

Dont feel forced into something, you will know in time whats right for you. You have the answers, no one else.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:25 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Jesus loves you. You just need to pray and ask Him to show you a good Bible teaching church and read your Bible.
    Anonymous

• When you find the right path for you, you'll know. You'll be filled with a conviction and with a passion for it. It will sound "right" to you.
    But its more important to know for certain what you believe than it is to fit a religious box. You don't have to "be" anything. You just need to know what you believe.
    =D
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:12 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

I agree!
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 5:37 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• It's the one that doesn't feel like you're faking it and going through the motions to make other people happy. And it's entirely possible you haven't even tried that one yet. Just keep looking around, you'll find it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:47 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I checked out as many as I thought I could possibly be interested in. I searched for the answers bc I was angry over my Christian family programming me from a small child to think as they thought. I wanted to think for myself and make my own decision. I did. I found what was right for me and life is good. Research the ones that sound interesting to you and then go visit the churches or wherever they meet. Find what you are searching for. Let your spirit guide you.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:18 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Hey sweetie im so glad you are coming to God that is great.. If you ever need anyone to talk to im here just message me... First you cant look at it as a religion you have to have a personnel relationship with Jesus Christ.. God bless and hope to talk to you soon

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 6:43 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I assume when talking about religion, you mean denomination? (I assume this b/c of your mention of God and the bible)

When it comes to churches or denominations, the only way to find one you like is to go and visit them. Learn what you can about each church, their doctrine and that kind of thing. You can visit many churches on the internet and you can learn about almost all denominations that way as well. A good place to start would be exactly where you started, so to speak, LOL. But don't feel that that particular place is set in stone. Do what feels right to you. If the place doesn't speak to you, then keep searching. As for me, I don't go to church for personal reasons, but I think that's okay too - God and I have a wonderful relationship and I read the bible every day and worship him constantly.

Good luck to you and God bless! If you need anything, feel free to PM me!
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 7:37 PM on Jul. 20, 2009