• In the Spotlight:

Is anyone actually in favor of this health care bill?

And if so why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• We are not.
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 4:26 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• HELLLLL NOOOOO
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:29 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HELL TO THA NOOOOOOOOO..STOP THIS MADNESS! STOP THIS ADMIN FROM THEIR INSANE POWER GRABS AND TRYING TO MAKE AS MANY AS POSSIBLE GOVY DEPENDENT! THIS IS SICK AND THIS IS INSANITY!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:33 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• We are not but I do not think we have a choice unless we move out of the country so we are making preparing for the worst!
    Brickhouse95

Answer by Brickhouse95 at 4:35 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I don't think you're going to find anyone who can say yes and still answer your second question with anything real. The only people who support it do so because they have unrealistic expectations based on Michael Moore's movie and what they hear about other countries. They things they think the bill will do aren't even mentioned in it.
    Anonymous

• i think the idea of making sure every person has health care is a good idea but i dont think this bill is the way to do that. that being said i dont know what would work in this country its too complicated a problem for there to be a simple answer
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 4:47 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I would be very interested to see explanations of why this is a good idea. What the politicians & the President say never deals with the actual details.
    Here's just one insane, totalitarian detail:
    http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysis/Article.aspx?id=482329

waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 4:50 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I am not sure. I support it, because I do believe health care should be a right in this country not a privilege. And I don't, because I don't see good proof on how it will be paid for yet.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 4:53 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• At what cost? the government would make all the rules.I for one am not going to give them the power to make the rules over such and to strip away whatever become's too much of a burden.What does the government control and run effectively? I believe what this bill will do is eventual kill off of all private insurance.Creating an entire country of government dependents.You have to know total socialism would never be supported by most American's...it would have to be snuck in.Look at our pulib school's ......government run........DMV government...medicade...government etc... Yeah those are going real well :eye roll:
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:59 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• public*

Oh and you know congress is not going to give up what they get in exchange for this...yeah right lol
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 5:01 PM on Jul. 20, 2009