Hard poop; Changing formula

My daughter has been Spitting up alot so i was told to chang her formula. I am tryin to Gradualy swich her formula and she has been cryin pretty bad when she poops. sometimes they are pretty hard and others its been soft.... what cah i do to help????

Roxiannamomma

Asked by Roxiannamomma at 4:18 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• putting prunes in my babies bottle helped her along with that. I had to change her formula when she was about four months, and you can' treally do it gradually, you have to do it all at once. It doesn't hurt them one bit, and just put a teaspoon of prunes every day in the bottle once a day, and you should see an improvement. My daughter used to scream bloody murder when she pooped because of her formula.
    Anonymous

• Previous poster is incorrect you should change slowly. Part of the reason you change slowly by mixing the formulas is so that you can see if you have any issues. I had to change my daughters formula several times and one of those times ended her up in the hospital, because the formula stopped her intestines from working. I would call your pediatrician with any questions that is what they are there for. The prune Idea might work as well.
    Jeanna36

Answer by Jeanna36 at 4:38 PM on Jul. 20, 2009