schedualed c section

i had an emergency c section 16 months ago after 28 hours of labor and a 9lb 14oz baby boy. this time according to the ultrasound it looks like this baby is on track to be even bigger, and again im not dialating or anything and my dr wants me to have a c section (along with my husband and all of my fam) and its schedualed on friday. im absolutely freaked out and i feel hopeless now! im also hypoglycemic (which means i have to eat or my bloodsugar drops and i pass out) so i dont know how im supposed to last all day without food or drink! any words of advise or compfort would be appreciated! sighhhh

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Did u ask ur doctor about the eating part?? I just had a C-section a little over 2 weeks ago and it wasn't scheduled and I was 38 1/2 weeks pregnant and he was 8lbs 12oz!!. All my kids were over 8lbs but none but this one was c-section. Think if I went full term like the others, he'd be over9lbs too, lol. will they let u have like a protein drink???? like say, carnation instant breakfast drink??? I'm still having some pains from the c-section and it sucks. But at least u get to be numb down there and they do the work and hes out fast. I'm not sure what to say to you but at least u wont be ripping down there or get cut, my husband was like at least she wont be stretching out down there, but i'm still the same down there as before my kids, lol
    Anonymous

• Continued"""" I had a C-section cause he was transverse (laying sideways) and feet more down there and he was pushing down most of the day and then I started having some contractions and dialated to a 6 and didn't know it, and I was scared that something was wrong cause he was really pushing down hard with his feet and it hurt.
    Anonymous

• Im sure if you ask the doctor they can tell you what would be safe for you to eat. The c-section isn't as bad as you might think. I was terrified. My nurse and the doctors were joking around so they kept my mind of it. Just try to stay relaxed and call your doctors office to see what foods you can have(ones that wont impact the surgery either at all or minimaly).

Good Luck! Just think, in a few days, you'll be holding a beautiful baby!
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 4:48 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• they said i couldnt have any food or drink not even water for at least 8 hours befor the c section because if something goes wrong with the epidural then ill have to be put to sleep and i could aspiriate! and they said they would cancel the section if they found out that i ate anything cuz its too dangerous. not even water! but they said i could come in early and get on an i.v. drip of glucose (sugar water) but i will be there all freakin day cuz the operation isnt schedualed until 4pm andi know i wont last more than a few hours without sugar befor i get sick so i will literally have to be there all day. plus i remember how bad it hurt the first time so im scared...
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 5:32 PM on Jul. 20, 2009