How long were you in the hospital after a C-section?

I am having my third child and will have to have a c-section due to a complete placenta previa. How long is the normal time to be in the hospital after a c-section?

SusanReeves

Asked by SusanReeves at 4:49 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was in the hospital for 3 days, and it was my first child. I don't know if it might be less because you've had children, but probably not.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 4:53 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I never had a c-section but my sister had one and she was in the hospital for 4 days to extra days then a normal vaginal birth I don't know if that is common place but that is what she was. Hope this helped!
    dreamercat1

Answer by dreamercat1 at 4:54 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• i went in friday and got out that monday
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 4:56 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• With my first child, 4 days. I just had my second and had my c-section on Friday and was sent home on Sunday.
    Anonymous

• I was there 4 days
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:57 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I was in the hospital for a week, but that was ONLY because my blood pressure wouldn't go down. I'm pretty sure that I would have been out in 2 days.
    JLee07

Answer by JLee07 at 4:57 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• They kept me 3 days after my twins, which I think is pretty standard and compliant with most insurance providers. I don't think they'll keep you any longer than that unless you have some sort of complication. Good luck!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:58 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I'm seeing several people saying 4 days. Maybe some insurance providers allow an extra day; I thought mine was pretty standard, but maybe it's not. You can look at your insurance policy and see what they state because it is really unlikely they'll keep you any longer than what your insurance company wants to cover. My insurance policy says 72 hours (3 days) witha c-section, or 48 hours (2 days) with a vaginal birth.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:03 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Had her friday, left sunday. It really depends on how soon you can walk, fart (lol, seriously), and if the baby is 100% ok to go home.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:04 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Had my baby a little over 2 weeks ago and it was on Friday after 2am and wasn't sent home till Tuesday but could have gone hom on that Monday.
    knlhall

Answer by knlhall at 5:18 PM on Jul. 20, 2009