How high is too high?

My blood pressure has been very normal throughout my pregnancy(110/70 in this range somewhere). I am 34 weeks today and the last couple of times I have checked my bp its been in the 130-140/70-80. I am just curious how high should it be before I call the doc?

pink410panther2

Asked by pink410panther2 at 4:51 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It is normal for your blood pressure to fluctuate, and while 130-140/70-80 isn't extremely high, you should definitely monitor it. I had pre-eclampsia with my first pregnancy and it sort of came out of nowhere. I had been tired with really swollen feet but it was summer and I was 7 1/2 months pregnant so I figured it was fine. Then I went to a routine visit with my midwife and got sent to the hospital. My BP was something like 178/90. I ended up being induced 3 weeks early and was on bed rest in the hospital from that doctor's visit until delivery. Honestly, I would say you should call your doctor. Better safe than sorry. :-) Good luck!
    MamaApril2

Answer by MamaApril2 at 4:55 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I have hypertention and they tell me no to call until it reaches 160/ 90 or higher.... either number.... but i would also say if u feel sick or dizzy to call them
    Anonymous

• Your cuff may not be accurate
    Anonymous

• mine runs in the same range as your normal bp & latley it's been fluctuating the same as yours, into the 130s & up.. my ob says i'm okay
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 5:02 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Anything over 160 or 90. Either number you should call your Dr. Also if you get dizzy like the pp said or get a unexplained headache. Laying on your left side helps keep your bp down. Keep an eye out for swelling too.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 7:06 PM on Jul. 20, 2009