If you don't send your kid(s) to Summer School then what does your kid(s) do all the summer?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• Play, swim in the back yard pool and visit Nana for a week(at least the older one) WE also homeschool so we start back up with some summer activities already. but mostly they are just free to enjoy themselves.
    SusanReeves

Answer by SusanReeves at 5:01 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• My dd has never gone to summer school. I didn't think it was a choice. She plays with friends, swims, goes to zoo and other outings, crafts, side walk chalk, trampolie, swim team, baseball. Actually summer has been so buys I'm ready for school to start!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:00 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Swim in our pool, go wheelin with us, stay with granny for a month in June and I go with Hubby on the road. Then vacation, more wheelin, ride our PWC's. We have plenty for them to do, oh and of course chores. No funtime until the chores are done.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 5:10 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• high school orientation
    voluteer work
    baby sitting (Red Cross certified)
    renewing her CPR certification
    4 weeks of overnight camp (my summer vacation)
    hanging out with friends
    summer reading from school (6 books)
    reviewing French (taking honors French 3 in the fall)

Answer by rkoloms at 5:16 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Day camp at the YMCA
    Story time/craft times at the library
    play in back yard
    go to play ground
    trips to the zoo
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:27 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• wow so you send your kids to summer school even if they pass? Well lets see mine swim, visit family, bowl, go to the beach, camping, I do require them to read and also do math worksheets. So I guess they do some work, ahh chores, skating, parks, zoo, aquarium, I could go on....but you get the picture.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 5:57 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Play. My son had the option of going to summer school for reading...5 days a week, 4 hours each day for most of the summer. I declined. The kid needed a break. He was so overloaded from school he was in tears every day.
    Instead he and his sisters spend the summer playing outside with their friends, riding bikes and swimming (although our weather has been so cold it's only been warm enough to swim a few days). They also watch TV and movies, play with their toys, read, etc. They do whatever they want but mostly they play outside until after dark when they catch lightening bugs.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:30 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Swim, play, bikes, Vacation Bible School
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:26 PM on Jul. 20, 2009