I am interested in going to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina for a family vaca. However, we don't want to go until March or April. What is the weather like there at this time? Also, any suggestions would also be appreciated.

danalee11

Asked by danalee11 at 4:59 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Travel

• If you plan on swimming in the ocean then don't go then. The water is entirely too cold. Weather is nice but water is about ice cold! The water doesn't get tolerable until May.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 5:06 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Isn't that hurricane season??
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 5:27 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• We went that time of year for several years, the weather was ideal. If you go mid-late March you may get there in time for the wonderful azaleas at Brookgreen Gardens. We weren't interested much in getting into the water, but I think it would be too cold until at least late April, and watch out for the Harley week- the bikers take over the place, call and ask when this is. We walked on the beach a lot, and there were people in the water, only it wasn't crowded.

Answer by Bmat at 5:36 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• we go for 4 days at the end of Aug. I will try and remember to get back to you. In the mean time I signed up to the tourism E-Mails and stuff!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 5:39 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Hurrican Season is in the summer months.. LOL not in March..

As far as the weather, it could either be 90 degrees or 50 degrees you never can tell year to year or even day to day. Most places offer great deals between March and May so it's agood time to go. I love going Mid March - Mid April, less people, cheaper and so much more enjoyable than the 100 degree heat index that summer days bring. I say go for it.

Also as for Bike week it's held in May so it won't be a problem if you go Mar-Apr.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 7:59 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Oh, and btw, the water isn't That bad early in the year.. but then again I live near the beach in NC so im used to swimming in colder water during the winter months so water in March is great.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 8:00 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• it's cold and windy. nothing there really opens for tourists until may 1.
    you might luck out with warm weather mid april but the water will still be cold.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:52 AM on Jul. 21, 2009