Bumper in crib

I know they say not to put a bumper in the crib once the baby starts rolling over. My baby is 7 months old and he rolls around a lot in his sleep. He keeps getting his leg or his arm stuck in the railings and he has started gnawing on the railings when he wakes up in the morning.

ekerazy78

Asked by ekerazy78 at 5:01 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i left the bumper on my baby's & she was fine
    Anonymous

• I left it in with all three of mine until we put them in a regular bed.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:19 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• That's when I put mine in - to keep little arms and legs inside. Once your child starts pullig herself up to standing, take them back out.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:27 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I think its more when they can't crawl all over the place to prevent suffocation if they do end up rolling over into it and don't know how to get themselves back over away from it - I put my son's back in his crib at 6months old cause he likes to cuddle 1 side.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:36 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I put mine back in once she could move herself away from them. She was all over the bed and would wake up 4-5 times a night b/c she was bumping into and getting caught in the slats. She hasn't started using them as a step-stool yet (she's 17 months), but once she does I'll take them back out.
    MagnoliaQueen

Answer by MagnoliaQueen at 5:41 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• My DD is 8 months, almost 9, and I use bumpers. If I didn't she'd have bruises all over her head. She does like to sleep with her face extremely close to it, but she has done that with everything,.....car seat, bouncer, swing.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 5:51 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Thanks for the input. I have found a breathable bumper on walmart.com I will get for him just in case he does put his face against it.
    ekerazy78

Answer by ekerazy78 at 10:13 AM on Jul. 21, 2009