What is a filling breakfast?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:23 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Carbs and protein are filling. So toast, some kind of meat and eggs, cereal, a glass of milk, a piece of fruit. You can add home fries or grits, pancakes. Something that gives you enough energy to move well through the morning. Something that stays with you.

Answer by Bmat at 5:26 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Stay away from just carbs for breakfast. Simple carbs are the worst. (sugary cereals, etc.)
    I agree with Bmat about mixing a protein with complex carbs for keeping hunger away longest.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 5:38 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• oatmeal ,egg whites
    Anonymous

• I love omelets with veggies, and All Bran fiber cereal topped with blueberries or other berries! That'll keep me going all morning into the afternoon.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 6:34 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Quinoa is a protein packed whole grain; it is the only plant based food with a complete chain of amino acids. This is my favorite (very filling) breakfast:

Breakfast Quinoa
    NOTE: Quinoa must be rinsed extremely well or it will be bitter
    Cook 1 cup of quinoa in 1 cup of water and one cup of apple juice. Chill. Dice 2 small or 1 large apple small dice and add, add raisins and/or dried cranberries and walnuts or pecans- i just add them until it looks like enough, maybe 1/2 cup of each? Stir in vanilla yogurt to coat and make it bind together about 1- 1 1/2 cups. serve cold.

Whole grain toast with peanut butter and banana is also very filling

Answer by rkoloms at 6:43 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I eat crab meat and poached eggs with an english muffin, oj and green tea. Then finish with some fresh fruit

Answer by admckenzie at 7:27 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I was going to say quinoa too! I use quinoa flakes, takes 90 seconds to cook. I make those, then mash a banana with cinnamon and mix it in and then top with milk(usually low fat coconut milk). It's really yummy!
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 12:48 PM on Jul. 21, 2009