those against abortion...

what if it were a child who was the victim of rape and molestation? do your views remain the same?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:32 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm pro-choice, but I hate the thought of abortion. I personally could never do it, but I don't judge those who feel it necessary in certain circumstances. I certainly think that if it were a child, I would seriously rethink the abortion issue. I can't see making a child go through 9 months of ridicule, pain and constant reminder of the shame of rape and molestation. Most likely, if it were incestuous especially, the child would not survive nor would the baby, as stress and other factors would come into play. Also, if it were incestuous there is no guarantee of numerous birth defects as well that might threaten the health and life of both. So, to answer your question, I suppose I would consider the child's mental health and take into consideration the fact that a birth that young might cause her to be sterile, etc, and say yes, I would advocate an abortion.
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 5:59 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I'm pro choice but for some reason I've seen lots of pro lifers here that say abortion is ok if it's rape/incest, which is very hypocritical to me
    Yoshi_Yoshi

Answer by Yoshi_Yoshi at 5:33 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Is it the child's fault?
    Abortion is stopping a human heart.
    Murder.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 5:34 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Again - a simple search of previous responses would answer your question unless you are looking for an active debate (ie drama)
    Anonymous

• "I'm pro choice but for some reason I've seen lots of pro lifers here that say abortion is ok if it's rape/incest, which is very hypocritical to me"

I wouldnt say its hypocritical. I consider myself prolife, however, I never force those beliefs on anyone. I understand that there are certain situations where abortion may be the best option depending on the circumstances. Just because one is prolife doesnt mean they oppose all types of abortions no matter the reason.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 5:38 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• kids these days reach reproductive maturity at such a young age these days. sometimes as early as 8 or 7. there HAVE been cases of these young girls being impregnated. should they have to continue to suffer, even after the molestation has ceased? their bodies are physically not compatible with pregnancy. carrying a baby to term endangers her life as well as the baby's. should she die trying to bring this baby into the world & fail anyway because her body wasn't ready. that's 2 children instead of 1.
    Anonymous

• There are so few cases that actually result in pregnancy they are statistically insignificant. It's like giving people permission to walk down the street and shoot any dog they see in the head on the off chance it might have rabies.

Sad thing, there are more people who read that and are more sympathetic for the hypothetical dog than they are for the dead baby.
    Anonymous

• Yes, I still feel the same way. While those are horrendous things to have happen,that little baby didn't ask to be conceived,and it's certainly not asking to be brutally murdered. I personally know 3 people, all who were impregnated by a rapist (one a molestation),all kept their babies, and all say they are the greatest blessing ever. None say they see the attacker when looking at the child,they just see the child, who they are.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 6:00 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I am 100% abortion for ANY reason. While I agree it would really suck to get pregnant by a rapist, there is always adoption. There are too many women who can't have children that would love that child like it was her own. The child didn't ask to be born or choose the circumstances. I feel if a woman conceives a child, then that child has a purpose && is meant to be here.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 6:13 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• the child didn't ask to be impregnated either. for those who say it's ok if the mother's health is in danger, it is!
    Anonymous