So sad!!!

It's so sad that racism is still going on in America. I am white and sometimes I am ashamed of what our ancestors did to slaves. Slavery was many years ago but sometimes I feel bad for them. It wasn't fair at all and I cannot even imagine. One day I had my kids at the water park and noticed this younger black child maybe 5 walk over to one of the water buckets, a white child maybe the same age was playing with the same bucket, the Mother of the white child went over and grabbed her child by the hand and led her to play with something else obviously to get away from the black child. My heart broke for him. Another occasion my Family and I were at a Monster truck ralley and my Dad paid for all our tickets including my younger Brothers friend who's black. Well my Dad had all the tickts and we all walked in, the ticket person stopped my Brothers friend like he was sneaking in. None of us had tickets but they singled him out.

mommymine3

Asked by mommymine3 at 5:36 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Well I agree that it will likely never be totally ended by any means.I do agree though with whoever stated that there really is no reason for you to feel any guilt.You certainly have never owned a slave.You should watch that too some put "white guilt" on themselves which is going entirely too far.Some with white guilt will scream and hollar and call anything and everything racism.I have heard some whites do this more then blacks themselves.As far as blacks being racist towards whites yes that happen as well.I have lived outside D.C. and now down in TN.I have seen it from both sides.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:06 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Cont....

I don't get it and don't think I ever will. When will it end?!?!
    mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 5:36 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• It will never end. And why the hell do you feel bad about what people youve never met, or even know about had done YEARS ago? It's 2009. Looking at the past is only going to keep this crap alive.. let it go and move on people. Oh and if you want to blame someone and point fingers, you might want to go all the way back to how slavery actually started (blacks selling their own people to whites). Thats something they wouldnt teach you in high school.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 5:41 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Every person I know that is black is well educated and well rounding with great Parents. It is such a stereotype in regards to the typical black person. Look at all the trailer trash, serial killer white people. I can't even imagine how slavery even began to exist and am thankful that it doesn't. Racism I don't think will ever go away. I am white but my comment might be perceived as racial to some people.

Anonymous

• I can't even imagine how slavery even began to exist and am thankful that it doesn't.

Black people went to war with other black people and sold the ones they captured to other countries as slave labor. That's how American slavery started. Original slavery existed nearly as long as people have existed, and it occurred everywhere. There is no race of people on earth that has never been enslaved.
    Anonymous

• Anon 5:45 interesting....learn something new everyday.

I think it will always be apart of society no matter how many years pass. I just feel sorry for the kids that are subject to racism.

Anonymous

• When I was in 4th grade 2 black girls walked behind me at the water fountain and in very sarcastic tones said "Why do WHITE girls always hold their hair back at water fountains" and walked off laughing meanly. A few years ago when we needed PA and I went to the FS office the Primarily black employees treated me, and later my SIL, like sh*t and made us come out the @ss for all kinds of off the wall info and treated us like we had no right to ask for the help. 2 seats over and all over the office the black people ther for PA were being laughed with and joked with and a friend of mine who is black thought it was CRAZY the info I got asked for. It works both ways. And I think ALOT of it now is white people, who have grown up with black people who have had all the same advantages, sick of hearing racism screamed every time they don't get what they want! (case and point those firefighters)

Anonymous

• you might want to go all the way back to how slavery actually started - Bexi
    ---
    Really? Wow, you really need to do your research.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 6:25 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Everybody is discriminated in some way and for some reason everyday....In my opinion the native Americans have just as much to be angry about for the way they were treated....

Anonymous

• my boyfriend is a member of the IKA which is a chapter of the KKK and i used to be very against it and now im actually thinking of joining after i have my baby and raising my baby to believe in the same stuff.
    Anonymous