How To Deal With The Comments???

I have two children who are about a year apart in age. The younger is about 5 months old. I got my period right away despite breastfeeding although it's been a little wacky. I took a pregnancy test the other day just for the heck of it and there was a faint positive line! I'm going to test again tomorrow to see if it's darker, but now I'm stressing over all the comments that are bound to come. My husband and I aren't too stressed over *planning* out children, we want a large family and don't mind them close in age, although I've hoped for a little more space between. There were SO many comments made after I learned of my last pregnancy. People are just kind of rude and incredibly bold when it comes to this subject it seems. How would you deal with the comments from people regarding being on the way to having 3 kids 2 and under?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:37 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Smile, chuckle, and hug to yourself that you are very happy about your situation and will let them have the pleasure of passing along their comments, even though personal and unintentionally hurtful.

Congratulations!

Answer by Bmat at 5:39 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I wouldnt worry about it its not there life and if it really bothers you then tell them that you dont appreciate any rude and hurtful comments and just ignore them or stay away from them About the positive could it be possible that your hcg lvls are still high anyway if you are congrats and if not then the same.
    newmom183

Answer by newmom183 at 5:46 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Opinions are like a$$ holes, everyone has one, and they all stink! Don't let it bother you just think of how much better your life is than theirs, making rude comments to ruin peoples days? Do You think their lifes are any better? No. They all are just upset because you can do it and they know that they never could. Good Luck! and congrats!

Anonymous

• I know what you are talking about I have 4 kids and my little ones are only about a year and a half apart. People stared at me and made comments like I am going to have my hands full. Just smile and say you love your babies and it is worth it! I had a lot of people ask me if I know where they come from and I had a friend that had a great answer for that! She said "Of course I do! Why do you think i have so many!" lol Ignore it, its none of thier business anyway.
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 5:53 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• did u want to try birth control? if u didn't want another one'?
    Anonymous

• She didn't say she didn't want another one Anon. Go back in your hole.

Congratulations! I get comments and looks because I have a 3 year old, a 14 month old, and I'm due in December. All this on top of the fact that I look like I'm about 15. I haven't figured out the exact thing to say. Most of the time I get "You've got your hands full." To which I reply, "Yes, they're happy hands."
    RyleeMendez

Answer by RyleeMendez at 6:17 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I am about to have my 4th child. My oldest is 9 and my other two are 4 and 3. The last two are 11 months apart. I love looking at peoples face when they ask how old they are and for about a month they are the same age. People are like oh they are twins, and I just smile and say nope. It is nobody's business how many children you have or how far apart they are. My mother asked is I was insane and I smiled and said Nope. They are my kids and my responsibility and as long as you are not one of those parents who pawn their children off on other people, then kuddos to you.
    ttcgirl110

Answer by ttcgirl110 at 6:26 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• When you tell ppl you are pregnant just smile and say "we're so happy about it". If they are stupid enough to say something rude after that then they are not wanting to share your joy. It's your life. It's your family. It's your business. Personally I think it's great and a smart thing to have them so close together. You rock and don't let the small minded ppl bother you. They had their chance at their own life and number of kids for their family. It's your turn now. congrats!

Answer by admckenzie at 6:27 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• RYLEEMENDEZ....... ANON HERE, I was only asking if she wanted to try birthcontrol cause she was basically saying she didnt want kids that close and i was just asking, im not a mean person so whatever
    Anonymous