How to become Un-baby obsessed?

Yes, I have a bad case of baby fever. BUT, I am seventy thousand dollars in debt (and everything else that tells me to not get pregnant. How do I get my mind out of baby fever?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:46 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Do you know anyone with a newborn? Offer to give mom a break and let the infant sleep over your house for a few nights ;)
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 5:47 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Know anyone with a 2 year old going thru the terrible 2s? lol
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 5:59 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Yeah I would say baby-sit a family member's or friend's baby for a few hours or one night on the weekend.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 6:01 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I don't know, but borrowing babies isn't always an option. IMO there is no ideal time to have a baby, and by they time you are out of debt you could be quite old (I have no idea how old you are) and then have to go back into debt just to have a baby. I know that my opinion isn't a popular one, but as long as you have somewhere for the baby to live, and can pay for its food, and are married I would go ahead and have the baby. God will provide, even if not in the manner you thought he would.
    rachel_817

Answer by rachel_817 at 6:10 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I'm kind of in agreement with Rachel 817. I want a baby desperately and it's making me very sad to think that I have to wait a few more years.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 6:32 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• If "everything in you" is saying it's a bad time, then you're not ready to have a baby. At least, IMHO.

But in the end, only you can decide if you're really in the right time/place to have a baby.

Babysit for a friend or family member. Become a Big Sister. Volunteer with children. See if the reality of being a parent bears any relation to the fantasy in your mind. (It will never meet up exactly - fantasies and reality rarely ever do). But at least take the time to see if you're really ready emotionally and physically for being a mom - before you become one. Because motherhood is forever. The financial readiness may never come - but be sure your heart is ready.

Every child deserves to be loved and wanted.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 9:19 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I think you are having the baby fever because of the debt. That much debt can be very stressful and will take hard work to overcome. It can be very easy for the mind to wander to more pleasant thoughts. Babies are certainly pleasant to think about! IMO you should focus on your financial problems first you will be so glad you did later. Hubby and I waited to have kids until we had some money saved. We are secure even in today's upside down world. I am so glad we waited.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:25 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Hang out at Chuckie Cheese(or Wal-Mart) for a few hours. You'll be cured! lmao. Babysitting is a great idea, thats what I do when I get the baby blues. Just one weekend of borrowing my friends' babies, I realize how tough 3 kids under 3 would be.
    ICPclwnLOV

Answer by ICPclwnLOV at 12:17 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Ha-ha! I know what you mean! I have my hands full with a 5 yo and a 1 yo, I took a break from nursing school to stay home with my youngest, and really need to finish so I can start working someday...and I want another! Are we nuts?
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 12:40 AM on Jul. 21, 2009