Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 2 year old just ate tums, will it hurt her?

 
Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:53 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

This question is closed.
Answers (19)
  • 1-800-222-1222
    Poison Control
    timelessglass

    Answer by timelessglass at 5:55 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

  • Call the ER!
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:54 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

  • How many did she eat? There is such a thing as calcium overdose. Call poison control to find out for sure.
    ColleenF30

    Answer by ColleenF30 at 5:54 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

  • Why were you not watching her? Call Poison Control. Or call the ER.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:55 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

  • How many did she have? I know they make them for children but there a smaller dosage. I would call poison control.
    mommymine3

    Answer by mommymine3 at 5:55 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

  • One or two tums will not hurt her, I would still call your peds.

    To Anon- maybe she had to pee, or take a shower, why post if you aren't going to be helpful?
    MamaRoberts

    Answer by MamaRoberts at 5:57 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

  • My middle child ate about half of a bottle, about 20 or so. I called poison control and they said they get calls about it all the time. They said that he should be fine, he may have some diarrhea.
    I was watching my child when it happened, but I had to use the bathroom, so I left him alone for two minutes, that is when I learned he could open my bedroom door. They were on my bedside table.
    No worries Momma, you are doing a fine job and sometimes kids will get into things when you don't expect them to.
    Just make sure to put them up next time. :)
    Nathskitten

    Answer by Nathskitten at 6:00 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

  • okay i called poison control and they said to just give her some water. thank you soooo much timelessglass for the number. and to the anon who asked why i wasnt watching her, I was peeing, thank you for your concern tho :]
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:00 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

  • Of course call.......... I doubt they could hurt her.......... let us know what they say....
    Kay300

    Answer by Kay300 at 6:08 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

  • just for future reference I would put that number on speed dial, or at least on the refrigerator. I can promise there will be other times its needed, and its often something parents forget to leave for grandma or the babysitter. I have poison control programmed into my phone, and a magnet on my fridge for any sitter I might forget to mention the number to. Most teenagers, even when red cross certified, don't know the number to poison control by heart...

    I'm glad everything turned out ok :)
    ba13ygrl1987

    Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 6:17 PM on Jul. 20, 2009