Do you let your teenager drive to school?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:54 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in

• When I was a teenager My Mom made me get my license. She was a single mother of 2. She worked all day 6 to 3. So I was responsible for taking my little sister to school everymorning and getting myself to my own school. on the days she had off she would take us both, but when she had no one else I was the one who had to do it. I think it was a pretty good idea. learning responsibility with a car and all
    Anonymous

• I did. The only kids that didnt was b/c they didnt have a car, and they just rode with someone that did.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 6:39 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Our daugher will be 16 in just a bit over 2 years. We live in a city with great public transit. I can't think of a reason why she would want to spend the money on a car and gas and insurance; or make an un-necessary daily contribution to global warming.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:59 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• ds is only 3 but when the time comes I will let him decide. I plan to pay his insurance until he graduates and dh will get him a junker car they can fix together. ds will have to pay for gas.
    Anonymous

• No. My teens don't have their own cars and I'm not letting them take mine. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:18 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

Next question in
GMAT

Next question overall (Trying to Conceive)
bloodwork question.... curious...