Help! Please!

My dh and i have been fighting really hard for 2weeks strait now. So bad to the point were one of us or both of us wants to quit. My dh keeps telling how much better his life would be if he was single and then when i tell him ok lets get a divorce he tells me he wants to be together. He is very mean to me and my 2daughters. I love him but i cant stand him. What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:01 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• maybe take a break from one another... you can''t go on being mistreated on a daily basis it's exausting on you and the kids pick it up and become miserable... all around it's not fair either sit down and discuss what exactly is bothering the two of you in your relationship and fix it or maybe it's time to move on but only you have the power to make a difference in your and your childrens life... good luck
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 6:07 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I agree. Take some time away from each other and sort it out before any drastic decisions are made

Answer by admckenzie at 6:09 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Get the book Boundaries. It will; help you to stop participating in the cycle and if you do that he has no chioice but to change or leave. It gives you the tools to stop hooking into each other if that makes any sense.
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 6:11 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I'm going through this right now, and taking a break is definitely a good suggestions, as the other ladies said. You can't continue to go on day after day in a situation where you are being subject to abuse, in one form or another. It isn't healthy for you or for him, and it isn't healthy for your children. Taking time apart gives you a good view of the situation from a more distant and outside perspective.
    Anonymous

• i wouldnt be with anyone that was mean to my kids.
    Anonymous

• my husband and I have a love/hate relationship too, but for real he is not mean to our kids and if he was I would leave! Fussing and fighting is one thing, but don't mess with my kids!
    Anonymous