Do you believe we landed on the moon?

In my opinion , you have to be brain dead to believe that we did, there are so many facts and evidence that makes it so clear that we did not land on the moon.
one HUGE mistake that stands out the most to me, is the american flag waving, how can it wave if there is no atmosphere? No wind? That is just one I will point out, the list goes on and on and on....my Step father is an ex marine, served in veitnam, he's proud of his country but when he saw "Did we land on the moon" it completely changed his mind he said "I really want to believe in my country , but this just makes it really hard to" Also I do know this happened in 1969, you're probably thinking why are we rehatching this now? I'm simply curious to know what others think. thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:17 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• You know what I've noticed here on CM? 99.9% of the women who respond to the questions and posts about the possibility of the government not being as honest and "for the people" as they would like to have us think, (vaccines, FDA, landing on the moon etc.) are absolutely vicious in their replies. Most of you have no real reason to stick up for the government, and you seem to be incapable of an intelligent discussion. Your replies are simply to bash the other person. Why not, instead of acting like a 5 yr old, talk rationally and respectfully? If you don't agree, tell the reason why (NICELY). This site has really become more like grade school than a site for GROWN MOTHERS. Grow up!!

Trasee

Answer by Trasee at 7:50 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I'm not sure but if we didn't it was Obama's fault.
    Anonymous

• LOL okay, I guess I'm brain dead then.

Oh, and it's spelled "Vietnam."
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:20 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• LOL, obama's fault! good one.

-op
    Anonymous

• So you believe all 6 landings were faked, or were you just unaware of the other 5?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:22 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• LOL anonymous. I wasn't alive in 1969, and I haven't really thought much about it. Why do the conspiracy theorists feel we were lied to about something like this? What benefit would it have served our government to make the nation believe we had landed on the moon?
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:22 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Wouldn't the movement of taking the flag from the shuttle to the moon make it wave? guy kinda bounced over...don't you think that would cause ripples?

thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 6:23 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• well thanks for the spell check there, I hate the grammar police on this site, it's really annoying, and it usually happens when a person has nothing else better to point out, but to find one minuscule flaw for them to feel vindicated, do you feel better now that you've corrected my spelling??? -op

Anonymous

• I saw a history channel special on this 2 days ago... I don't know if we did or didn't I'm not convinced one way or the other, however I do know mythbusters did a thing on that american flag waving theory. I don't quite understand the scientific mumbo jumbo, however if you take the american flag, strap it to the same pole it was strapped to on "the moon" and place in an a vacuum, the flag will appear as if its waving even though there's no air. It has something to do with the tension and other scientific things i'm not going to pretend to understand. Basically mythbusters proved even without atmosphere and wind, as in the conditions of the moon, the american flag would still appear to be waving. It not actually waving, its attached to a pole and floating... There is no gravity to pull the flag to the ground, but it can't "float away" because its attached to a pole. Get it?
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 6:26 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• " What benefit would it have served our government to make the nation believe we had landed on the moon? "

okay are you familiar with the words ,'cold war' and 'nixon'?

I rest my case.
    Anonymous