Did you have sensitive teeth after you got them filled?

I got three teeth filled on my left side about two weeks ago, two on the bottom and one on top. I can't eat anything sweet without them aching. I've been taking tylenol for the past two days and that makes it better, but as soon as the tylenol wears off I'm in pain again.

Think the dentist could have missed a spot? He filled three teeth on the right side, and they're just fine.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 6:24 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Health

• I had that and used to work for a dentist. He said that it can take a few weeks for it to get better and if it lasts more than 3 weeks to call and get it checked out again...
    jajumommy2000

Answer by jajumommy2000 at 6:50 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• mine lasted a really long time with the sensitive teeth. it's a back tooth and against another filling (the two i have had in the last 10 years, lol), so it's just hard for the nerve to adjust. and it still doesn't feel like it used to, but i guess that makes sense. :(

hope you feel better quickly!
    MamaBear1001

Answer by MamaBear1001 at 10:41 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Yes, always seems to be like that.. Get some toothpaste (if you havent already) for sensitive teeth and start using it, that is what always helps me I use it daily. Give it a few days and see it that helps ease the sensitivity back there. If not, I would definitely be calling the dentist back.
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 8:19 AM on Jul. 21, 2009