health insurance help please

Were pulling out our hair trying to find affordable health insurance. My husband is 55 and I'm 36 we would like to be able to see the doctor if we need to,we dont go to the doctors at all,but would like it if we could have a small copay maybe 25-35 copay if necessary. We would also like hospital coverage,life insurance, and dental. So far we've been quoted at $650 a month and that to me is way out of line. MY husband and I are excellent health nothing major has ever happened. Please give me a heads up ladies... Also please leave out ameriplan I'm not interested at this time with discount programs,but this is something I might use in the future with the medical if I can find one affordable enough for us

MarGeee

Asked by MarGeee at 6:35 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Health

• An attorney in my office used to pay $850 for her family of four, and they were all healthy. She nor her husband did any extra hazardous, either. Individual health care is just very very expensive.

You might want to check out employment groups-- like small business groups, or accountant groups or various licensing organizations. Some have contracted to get group rates with health care providers.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 6:48 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Some states have plans for people with limited income or if you have been turned down for insurance because of pre-existing conditions or the rates were going to be higher because of it. If you fit into any of these categories,try researching your states health insurance programs(state run)it is regular insurance,not welfare or anything like that. Rates are comparable if you can find it in your state.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:57 AM on Jul. 21, 2009