Should I try for a vbac?

I had a csection with my daughter after 34 hours of labor 4 of them pushing when i was 16 due to her being to big she was 8lbs n 1/ 2 oz i am 20 now due aug 10th but need to have my son earlyer do to toximia the docter is tellin me the biggest baby i could have is 8lbs and my son is suppose to b about 6 cureently im suppose to secdule a csec or vbac the last week of july im just unsure on what to do and a little scared of haveing to have a emergency hysteroctimy i want 5 kids this is only my 2nd and of my uterine ruptureing since i will need to be induced and that increases my chance it is undee a 1% chance the scar will break but still scared if u have any advice or information or have had a vbac please let me know how everything went!! anything will help

Ochoamommy

Asked by Ochoamommy at 6:37 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Vbacs give women that didn't have a chance to have a vaginal delivery possible and I think its great that SOME doctors offer this, however you have to weigh the risks with the benefit. I wouldn't attempt one myself If i new I wanted more children, because the simple fact is you do have a small chance of it causing you to tear and be unable to have more children. I think just having the baby is a blessing enough, and it shouldn't matter how the baby is brought into the world providing mom and baby is both healthy. I would say for your 5th child try a Vbac if something should happen, at least than you have all your babies done and over with. But this is a personal choice, and should be made with education on the matter behind it.

JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 6:41 PM on Jul. 20, 2009