How do I discipline my 19 month old twins when they hit or throw temper tantrums?

I'm not really sure what the correct or most helpful method to get them to stop is. One of my daughters literally will pinch me or hit me in the face on purpose when she is mad at me, and i feel like spanking her or hitting her hand and telling her not to hit is not really helpful and maybe confusing her. Also, the same child is VERY much a momma's girl and going through a clingy stage. She will scream bloody murder the whole time i'm home unless i'm carrying her, regardless if i try to play w/ her or read to her. I'm not ignoring her i just don't want to carry her all day! Any ideas on how to fix that, or reassure me and tell me its a phase? lol. My other twin is SO independent i don't really have these problems w/ her, thankfully. lol.

momofseasons

Asked by momofseasons at 6:48 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• No answers yet