What is my purpose!?

I swear, I have no money, my husband loves me but seems to hate everything about me. My kids hate me. I hate my dead end job, my life, my situation. I am going nowhere and have no idea where i have been. I have accomplished nothing and can see my self never accomplishing anything. Everything that made me happy is slowly drifting further away from me. I never see my family anymore. My husband and I work opposite shifts to make ends meet. We will never be able to do anything together again. what is the point of having a family if you are never together. We will never have fun again. I want my old life when things were good and money was no issue. we weren't rich but we got by with a little to spare. Will I ever have that back? What is my point in life? where am I going? Will I still be stuck in the stand still rut in 5 years? ten? Can I take it that long? I feel like my guts are in knots all the time. help me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:56 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• Sound like you are depressed with your situation. You have done something with your life, you have a family. your hubby is complaining propably becuase he feel similar to you. Find a day, or afternoon, or even just a hour and sit down and spend it with your family, and laugh. Have a tickle fest or something silly, even if you don't feel like it, fake it till you make it. If you put the kids to bed, do it just before, if you wake them up do it then, 5 min will make a big difference. Leave love notes for your hubby, see if it makes him and you smile. Your kids would probably like them as well. Thinking in teams of never and can't will not get you to were you want to be. Make it a goal to do something loving for each member of your family everyday, and see how you and they feel, see if that doesn't help you find connectted with them agian. Life will not always be like this, it will get better. Good luck
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 12:19 PM on Jul. 21, 2009

• The only suggestion I have is pray to God to help you with you situation, and just tell him what you told us and ask for his help and he will help you, good luck hope things look up for you
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 6:59 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• http://lilbabyelisha.blogspot.com/2009/07/results-are-in.html

Read this blog. This woman is humbling. You will figure it out, but by reading this maybe you will gain a new perspective.
    smarshy

Answer by smarshy at 7:01 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Wow sounds like you really need to talk to a professional here quick. Why don't you call your doctor first thing in the morning and make an appointment for TOMORROW you are very VERY depressed and I promise things will get better and your family does'nt hate you AT ALL.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 7:03 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Do you have healthy children? A roof over your head? Food to eat? If so, you are better off than the majority of the world.
    Anonymous