What do you mama's think about indoor tanning??

I enjoy it. I can really relax! But is it really bad for your skin?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:06 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I love it! I wish I had one at home! I know its bad, but if you use the proper moisturization routine I think it will all be ok, and don't over do-it
    danichaos

Answer by danichaos at 7:07 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I think it is disgusting and really unhealthy.
    Photobucket
    Who would want to look like this?
    Anonymous

• Oh come on. I'm sure this lady has some kind of skin disorder. Totally unrelated to indoor tanning!
    Gavsmama06

Answer by Gavsmama06 at 7:09 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• There has been a TREMENDOUS rise in the rate of melanoma in young women, due to indoor tanning.

Melanoma is the deadliest form of skin cancer. NOT WORTH IT.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:24 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I have not read anything that convinces me that indoor tanning is safe. I wouldn't do it.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:33 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I live in MI.. so I used to go do it in the dead of winter... but I noticed after a while it seemed to age my face(around eyes) so I quit.
    Mommy2aQT

Answer by Mommy2aQT at 7:51 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• they say it's bad.... i feel better about myself which brings me out of my depressoin and am not so focused on killing myself. We're all going to die SOME day! And yes, it will be from cancer! Even a hear attack is a form of cancer!!! I just feel better about myself and actually care to take care of my child and live through the next day with it.... so which one is more important? In my situation, it's worse to stop.... yours may not be so severe and it's up to you completely!
    Also, it's not bad in moderation (or maybe as... )!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:17 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Just like everything, MODERATION!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• hmmm...this is something im contiually debating with myself..i love to go tanning...I mean LOVE IT! Love how it makes me feel and look and it is super relaxing..but alot of my family, including both of my parents have died of cancer..so to know that that puts me at risk for skin cancer..it kinda takes all the joy out of it..which stinks because i hate being pasty and white..but ive found a really good spray tan that is completely streak free and the celebs use it..so ive been sticking with that now..and its pretty good! ;)
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 11:11 AM on Jul. 24, 2009