I'm writing a book...and I need YOUR input!

I am putting together a compilation of stories from women on relationships...good and bad. The target audience for this book is women who have experienced or are experiencing abuse in their relationships and I want a source out there that can show them other women's experiences with abuse, and also with good, healthy relationships that can set an example for those in need. I want to hear from ALL OF YOU! Please feel free to comment here, or send me a PM if you are interested in sharing your experience and have it it a compilation for women, by women!

sophiafarris

Asked by sophiafarris at 7:08 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• good luck on that. I always found it interesting for "authors" to get others to write their stories then ppl like you publish it and make the money. Lazy author's way of getting published if you ask me.
    Anonymous

• I'm actually not looking to make any money off of it...and I would never claim to have written anything that is in the book that I didn't actually write. The credit for it goes solely to the person who actually WROTE the story. It's the same concept as Chicken Soup...the stories in it are written by who they are written by....I'm merely facilitating their publication so people can get their experiences out there for other people who can benefit by them.
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 7:24 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Hey there, I think that is an interesting idea. I don't know if I can help any, but you're welcome to contact me if you'd like some info.
    Mrs.Frazzle

Answer by Mrs.Frazzle at 7:30 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I think it's a great idea. All author's get their stories from somewhere. Whether it's fiction or non-fiction, doesn't all our experiences in life ,and others as well ,make us who we are? I don't think you're lazy at all. What you're undertaking will be a lot of work, and I admire you for it. Ignore the posters who have nothing better to do with their time than sit on the computer insulting others. That is what I call LAZY...good grief........Good Luck to you and God Bless.
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 8:47 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Thanks for the kind words lighthousemom3! I really do appreciate it. I want to be a source of words of support and encouragement available to women who have been in abusive relationships and who are in them and need to get out. It's an experience I know...and one that I wished I would have had the words of others who knew the same to help me through. I think a book written for women by women would be wonderful, and I want to try my hand at it. My experiences will also be included in the book, but of course I wouldn't be taking credit for anyone else's life stories!...only for compiling them!
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 11:13 PM on Jul. 20, 2009