Would you put your life in danger for the sake of your religion?

What about your child or your spouse's life? Example, not getting medical treatment or a blood transfusion because it's against your beliefs.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't ever consider my or my family's lives in danger b/c of my religion.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 7:18 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• My religion wouldn't ask me to do that, as far as medical treatment and blood transfusions go.

But I would gladly die for my faith if persecution was that bad around here.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 7:21 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• What Cinnamon-mom said.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 7:28 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I wouldnt do something like that.
    I wouldnt put my life on the line for any reason other than my childs life being at stake.

My faith is my own, its internal and eternal. I dont have to die for my faith for the Divine to know how I feel about them,etc. I could deny it verbally up the wazoo but that truth within my soul would still be there and no one can take that from me.

My beliefs dont ask me to sacrifice things like that(no medical intervention,etc). Now if I chose not to do something it would be because of my own convictions on the matter not faith driven.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:47 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• cinnamon-mom took the words from my fingertips!! My faith does not require me to do that, but I would gladly die for my faith. I've heard of ppl getting abducted and their captors say they will only let them go if they denounce their God. I would die right then it there, I believe everything happens because that is how God intended it to happen.
    Anonymous

• idk why that came out anon... I certainly didn't click anon. weird....

cinnamon-mom took the words from my fingertips!! My faith does not require me to do that, but I would gladly die for my faith. I've heard of ppl getting abducted and their captors say they will only let them go if they denounce their God. I would die right then it there, I believe everything happens because that is how God intended it to happen.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 8:24 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• cinnamon-mom said it best

i will never denie God even if it means my life
    rose549

Answer by rose549 at 8:32 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I would die for God in a heart beat.. He sent his son to die for us so that we can live again in heaven Jesus told us in the gospel that Luke 9:24-25 (King James Version) 24For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it. 25For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away?

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 8:52 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• The whole medical treatment and blood transfusion no, those are totally acceptable and not forbidden in the bible as far as I have studied. But there will be a day where all of our lives will be in danger because of our faith in God. But it's just a mortal life, I care more for my immortal soul then my wordly existence. And I have to no worries cause God says he will be with us even to the end of the age. If I am being told that my children or husband will killed unless I denounce God I guess that would be me putting my family in danger cause I can't picture myself doing that. That is a really true scenrio someday but not now. I just hope my kids are under the age of accountability and that my husband come to God before the close of probation...
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 8:59 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Islam says we must seek medical treatment and trust in Allah. I put my life and my daughters life in danger every time i step outside. I wear islamic clothing. I don't think of it as danger though (although i do know there is a possibility of running into some crazy).. i think of it more as a walking example of my belief.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 9:28 PM on Jul. 20, 2009