What do you do for summer days? (makeup wise)

If you are the type that has to leave the house with makeup...How or what do you do when it is hot and then you start to sweat. As far as your foundation and mascara and so on. Do you wipe it off or dabb on your face but you do manage to take off some makeup off...Don't you? How do you keep a fresh looking face in the hot summer days.

I'd rather just be natural but I am the type that have to have some kind of color on my face or else I will scare people...lol
Thanks Ladies!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:12 PM on Jul. 20, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Instead of using heavy foundation, in the summer I usually use bare minerals powder. Water proof everything else!!!
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 7:16 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I stopped wearing liquid foundation and miraculously stopped breaking out. So, now I use Bare Minerals mineral foundation for a spot concealer and regular face powder. It gives enough coverage and color and is light weight and natural-looking, too.

Then I put on a sheer lip gloss and a bit of mascara for a "no-makeup" look.

(Blot your skin with a tissue that doesn't have lotion in it if you get shiny.)
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 7:17 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• Estee Lauder has a mineral powder foundation that I've been wearing for the summer. It's called Nutritious Vita-Mineral Loose Powder Make-up with an SPF 15 in it. It's light coverage but stays on really well. During the rest of the year I wear their Double Wear Liquid Foundation.
    I use their Double Wear Concealer for places like under my eyes, it stays on for 15 hours and I just dot it on real lightly.
    I also typically wear their Turbolash Mascara, but it's not waterproof, so if I know Im going to be out and getting sweaty I will wear Lancome's Definicils Waterproof Mascara.
    As for the rest, I just wear what I wear year around which is from Estee Lauder's product line.

I always keep rice papers in my purse to blot with for those "just in case times" if I start getting shiny.
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 8:42 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• sunblock, powder bronzer, mascara, eyeliner and a little lipgloss.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 11:40 PM on Jul. 20, 2009

• I wear the perfect foundation from Avon and love it! I live in Fresno were it remains in the 100's all summer an can melt your face away., but this makeup stays put all day without touch up's and it has spf 15 to protect you! I highly recomend it.
    Beauty_Advisor

Answer by Beauty_Advisor at 4:40 AM on Jul. 21, 2009

• Nuetrogena concealer with sunscreen, maybelline pencil eyeliner, and max factor black mascara are my basics I've lived by for the last five years. Same brand and colors every time. Pretty pathetic huh? lol
    magoogie

Answer by magoogie at 9:04 AM on Jul. 22, 2009